ACD has been implementing its programs by an integrated approach in view of establishing the rights of the grassroots women and children and promotion of social justice through developing community care support mechanisms. ACD has evolved as a pioneering organization to holistically address the issue of trafficking in persons, particularly for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation and addresses gender injustice and violence against women and children.
Year of Establishment: 1989
Vision: An equity-based democratic and sustainable society which provides human rights, mainstream gender equality, ensure social justice, good governance and sustainable development.
Goal: To achieve the rights of people, especially the disadvantaged and vulnerable women, adolescent and children at grassroots levels through improving their socio-economic, political and cultural status, ensuring social justice and good governance.
1. Establish the rights of grassroots people through community support mechanism.
2. Build and strengthen capacity of the community based organisations at village level.
3. Organize local cultural organization for human rights education through cultural performance.
4. Ensure access to social justice for rural women especially ethnic minorities.
5. Develop institutional capacity in establishing good governance and accountability of local government.
6. Strengthen advocacy and campaign against human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation of children/prostitution and prevention of STD/HIV/AIDS.
7. Provide psychosocial care and support to violence victim women and children through institutional care and support
8. Mobilization and awareness with communities in creation of community safety net.
9. Promote community management to initiate economic, social and cultural activities for sustainable development.